Introduction to the International French School's Dining Service in Tokyo
The International French School of Tokyo (LFI Tokyo) is dedicated to providing an optimal learning environment for its students, which includes ensuring the quality of school dining. In this endeavor, we have entrusted Cezars Kitchen, a renowned international company with extensive experience in managing school dining services for international schools.
Operating in numerous countries across Asia, Cezars Kitchen is our preferred partner in delivering balanced and nutritious meals to our students.
Monthly Menu Validation
Every month, our head chef designs a diverse menu that is subsequently reviewed and approved by the School Dining Commission. This commission consists of parent representatives, the general manager of Cezars Kitchen, and the material manager of LFI Tokyo.
This collaborative approach ensures that the menu aligns with the preferences and nutritional needs of our students while staying within the allocated dining budget.
An expert nutritionist-dietitian assesses the menu approved by the dining commission to ensure that the offered meals adhere to the principles of a balanced diet. They ensure that meals incorporate a variety of healthy foods, including proteins, vegetables, starches, and fruits, while also providing vegetarian options. This approach guarantees the provision of quality nutrition to our students.
Our menus are structured to provide a complete and balanced meal for our students. Each meal includes a starter, which can be a soup or a salad, a main course with a source of protein (meat or fish), accompanied by vegetables and starches. For dessert, our students can choose from a selection of fruits, yogurts, cakes, and more. Additionally, our students have the option to have seconds of the main course if they desire.
Addressing Food Allergies and Special Diets
We take our students' food allergies very seriously. For students with allergies, individualized special menus are prepared. It is important to note that Cezars Kitchen does not use any nuts in its recipes, ensuring a safe food environment for all our students.
Furthermore, alternative menus are offered to students who cannot consume pork.
Throughout the school year, the dining service organizes thematic surprises to delight your taste buds during special occasions. In October, Halloween brings its share of surprises.
In December, it's Christmas's turn to delight the senses of our students. In January, it's the Epiphany, and in March, Easter.
Moreover, the school kitchen lovingly prepares birthday cakes for our little kindergarten students, adding a sweet touch to their special days.
We are committed to providing an exceptional dining experience to our students and meeting the needs of the LFI Tokyo community.
Primary School Cafeteria Timings
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM : Kindergarten, Grade 1 (Ground Floor), Grade 2 (1st Floor, Building A)
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM : Kindergarten, Grade 1 (Ground Floor, Building A)
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM : Grade 2 (1st Floor, Building A)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM: Grade 3
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (latest): Grade 4, Grade 5
11:30 AM - 12:15 PM: Grade 3
12:15 PM - 1:15 PM (latest): Grade 4, Grade 5
Basic Rules for Menu Composition
- Daily soup : a nutritious soup (vegetable consommé, chicken broth, tomato soup, corn soup, miso soup, etc.) will be served every day for elementary and secondary students.
- Fresh salad : a fresh and crisp salad will accompany each meal.
- Variety of meats : main dishes will include pork, chicken, or beef, with each being offered at least once a week.
- Fish option : we will offer delicious and healthy fish dishes at least twice a month.
- Vegetarian alternatives : we will provide a vegetarian menu three times a month, including two pasta days for variety - for vegetarian students, we offer a daily adapted menu.
- Chef's Special Hamburger : once a month, our head chef will prepare a special hamburger with a creative twist.
- Authentic japanese cuisine : every week, we will offer authentic Japanese cuisine to explore the richness of local cuisine.
- Cheese as dairy products : we will include a variety of cheese options to meet dairy product needs.
- Fresh Fruit for dessert : fresh fruits will be served for dessert, adding a sweet and healthy touch to every meal.
- Priority for local products : to support local agriculture and ensure freshness, we will source our fresh vegetables locally.
- Student refills : children can have seconds of their main course (twice if there is a significant amount left).
These menu composition rules aim to provide balanced, diverse, and delicious meals to our students while encouraging responsible and sustainable eating.
We look forward to offering you an enriching culinary experience.
Secondary School Cafeteria SCHEDULE
The school life office prepares a class schedule for cafeteria visits based on their timetables. This schedule is established at the beginning of September.
Introduction to the LFI Tokyo Cafeteria
We are thrilled to announce the opening of our brand-new cafeteria on the ground floor of building A (main school). This cafeteria will be a welcoming space where you can relax and enjoy delicious meals throughout the day.
Starting Monday, September 19, 2023, the cafeteria will be open from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM, Monday through Friday, to serve you delightful preparations.
Who Can Visit ?
This cafeteria is exclusively reserved for high school students, from 10th grade to 12th grade (lycée), as well as adult staff members of the school. It's designed to cater to your needs for quick dining and refreshments.
What You'll Find ?
The menu offers a variety of snacks, sandwiches, hot and cold beverages to satisfy all your cravings. Whether you need a quick snack to recharge between classes or a full meal, the LFI Tokyo cafeteria will have something to delight your taste buds.
For your convenience, we accept cash payments, so you don't have to worry about using cards or mobile apps.
We hope this new cafeteria becomes a gathering place for the LFI Tokyo community, fostering interactions and relaxation among students and staff members.
Feel free to visit us when it opens in September. We look forward to welcoming you to our cafeteria and serving you delicious meals.
Hot Drinks :
- Americano - 200 yen
- Cafe latte - 300 yen
- Cafe mocha - 350 yen
- Hot chocolate - 250 yen
- Tea - 200 yen
Cold Drinks :
- Bottled water - 120 yen
- Fruit juices - 150 yen
- Other bottled soft drinks
- Chocolate chip cookies - 200 yen
- Chocolate Brownies - 250 yen
- Cake of the day - 250 yen
- Fruits - 200 yens
- Baguette ham and cheese sandwich - 500 yen
- Bagel sandwich - 500 yen
- Sandwich of the day - 500 yen
- Vegetable sticks - 300 yen
- Caesar salad - 350 yen
- Salad of the day - 350 yen